Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Weird Dream

Omg... another weird dream. I don't even know where to start with this one. But I guess I'll start with the beginning.

It's the second floor of a disco club club thing, and loud and rowdy downstairs, and I was supposed to meet with a friend of mine. However, he asks me to just wait a bit as he takes care of some business. In the meanwhile, there are a group of young girls sitting in a room--and by young, I mean about 8-14. I was sort of standing near the room (which had windows all along the wall facing the rest of the second floor of the club so you could see into it. Then, another gaggle of girls came and decided that they had reserved the room. Naturally, they got into an argument, and since I was there with nothing better to do, I tried to keep the argument from escalating. I was on the side of the first group of girls and so they stayed in the room.

Then I try to go fetch my friend, because I somehow knew that he was responsible for them. So I go over and climb down a twisty bit of rickety wooden stairs. There was a mini stage down there, and truly awful singing. (It turns out, later, that it was actually a teen-aged couple, and they had to sing for one reason or another.) Anyway, my friend's climbing up, to get back to those girls, and I was wondering what was going on by this point because he seemed quite agitated.

Of course, by the time he gets to the second floor, he sees the girls arguing about the room. He manages to scold/quell them and then rushes away to do something else. I follow him naturally, still trying to figure out exactly what was going on.

Eventually, he ends up in this tiny room. I mean, tiny. It has some (wooden) cupboards on one side and they would barely open all the way. That was how tiny the room was. There were also desks and monitors. Basically, you sit in the room and don't expect to move. Anyway, so my friend's all agitated in the room, looking around and finally, he opens a cupboard.

It turns out--as he explains to me--that he was taking the girls to see the Terracotta soldiers. The girls were wild American kids, and not the dutifully obedient (and probably repressed ones) of China. So naturally they went around and ended up touching and breaking something. In fact, they broke off the nipples of a couple of the them. (Don't ask me why nipples.) So he had to steal the handle of the cupboard. (Just... don't ask. I don't know either.)

The handle is basically a piece of metal with one end bent into a triangular shape. The other end is stuck through the wooden door, and secured with a washer. (Yes, it was a thin washer, not a bolt, even though it could screw on the metal and hold it there.) He does this, I anxiously help him, and hold the four metal pieces in my left hand. He's done, he closes the cupboards... and that's when the mad scientist whose room it is bursts into the room!

Apparently, this mad scientist is the one who is pushing for persecution of the little girls. I'm nervously holding the metal pieces in a loose open sort of way, hoping desperately the mad scientist won't notice. Meanwhile, my friend tries to have a conversation with him. However, the scientist starts talking about showing us his book, and disarmingly walks to the cupboard--the whole time with me in a nervous cold sweat--and points to the missing handles on the cupboard.

A tussle breaks out back in the hallway. I think my friend just pushed the scientist outside, screaming something like, "You think it's okay to torture young girls who never got a chance to grow up?" And they're fighting and fighting and fighting. Then somehow, my friend finds a frayed wire, with about a foot of the outside cut off to reveal the multiple wires on the inside, some of which were bare too. So he sticks the wire(s?) at the scientist and manages to zap the scientist a little.

Somehow after that, I started choking the scientist. He retaliates by somehow getting a hold of the wire (or maybe he was distracted doing that) and zapping me. Except I don't feel anything... except special movie effect where the subject stays in place but the background is shifting further and further back. And back. And back. And back.

I learn that the scientist was crazy because he loved and married a woman who had only been cold to him. I see myself in the club. I see myself in front of a bed. I see the seasons changing outside the bedroom windows, fall and winter and spring and summer and all over again.

Then, I realized that I didn't need to choke him anymore, so I let go. The first thing I hear is, "What changed today?" I look around. I'm in a house, and what I had been holding on is an old, dried, and fried corpse. The house itself is nice and airy, with the sun streaming in. It had that cute cottage feel to it. And there is my friend, who is now much, much older. He's 60 or 70 now.

I think I wandered around the whole day in shock. Instead of moments--or maybe minutes--of choking the scientist, I had been holding onto his dead body for decades! And my friend, who had only ever been a friend, albeit a cute one, has taken care of me this whole time. I feel obliged, of course, but also strange. Besides, while he is looking old, I still look as young as I feel, which is in the early 20's.

Anyway, in the end, we went to bed. He on one side and me on the other, with a balloon robot in the middle (think a straight wire attached to a red, round balloon at the top). At that time, I thought it was just a balloon. My friend brings out an open wire from underneath his bed and I shrink away. And he says, "I'm sorry, it's just become a nightly habit to try to bring you back." Then he turns to the robot and says, "I'm so glad that she's back, aren't you?"

And I figured he was allowed to be a bit eccentric because he's probably been going crazy taking care of me, someone who did nothing all day (as far as I gathered). Then the robot replies (and this is when i realized it's a robot), "Yes, I am very glad she's back, too."

That's when I finally got so freaked out that I woke up. Or maybe I fell asleep in the dream (I remember snuggling down into a blanket) and woke up in real life. Anyway, it was a very strange dream...

Psychoanalyze that, please.

2 comments:

  1. You need to stop doing drugs, m'kay?

    (I actually see some really REALLY fascinating imagery in there, but I'm tired, so I'm going to go to sleep instead. Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with something insane to explain it all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I forgot what it was I was going to say about a lot of that. Can't really remember it. The conflict between the two groups of girls, the conflict between the friend and scientist, those all point to conflicts between two choices you currently have (or had at the time of the dream).

    You make a decision between the two, though I'm not sure the choice was entirely willing.

    Then there's the "robot" in bed. The description you give doesn't sound to me like a robot, but what's important is how -you- think of it, and so therefore it's a robot. In bed. A robot in bed. From a girl into hypnosis. Gee. I wonder what that imagery could imply, insert-sarcastic-tone-here. ;P

    So this dream obviously means you want to be a 14 year old girl wearing a balloon for ribbons in your hair, and then be tortured.

    Or maybe that analysis is more like the giant banana thing, and not true. :P

    ReplyDelete