Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tips for the Searching Men

In the past few days, I have received many, many messages. I read every one of them. I respond to some, at least once. And there are only a few who have kept me interested. What is the difference in all this? Well, here they are...

Top 3 reasons for me to ignore a message:

  1. You have not bothered to say anything of interest. Maybe you just wrote "hi." Or you wrote a nice compliment, even. Maybe you said something already on your profile, such as you are a dom. None of those things gives me a natural topic to write about in the response. Compared to messages with interesting content, I have to spend much more time and effort to think of something polite and interesting to write back. Sometimes, I simply don't have the time and energy. Mostly, though, it just gives me a feeling right away that we're not clicking. In that case, I won't bother to pursue anything. I know that as somebody who's actively looking for somebody, you're probably sending out many messages. However, I put quite a bit in my profile, and if you can't find anything interesting in there to talk about, then I don't see why you bother messaging me at all. In short, you probably have better chances writing meaningful messages to a few than to message everybody on the list from your search results.
  2. You seem antagonistic or angry towards me, even though I have never talked to you before. Maybe I said something in my profile that angered you, and you just wish I hadn't said that because I would be ideal in all other ways. Maybe you've been burnt one too many times by disingenuous people. But please bear in mind that I am human and am colored by my experiences. What I say in my profile (or elsewhere you might have read) is not directed against you personally. So when you take offense, I think that you are either insecure or belligerent. I, as a sub, would be looking for calm, level-headed influence. And besides, I really just can't be bothered to pick a fight with you. If you disagree with something I said, tell me why it's wrong, but don't point fingers at me.
  3. You haven't given me enough time to respond. Yes, this happens. Once you send me a message, you should give me at least 24 hours, maybe even 48 hours to respond. Yes, I know you know when I read the message, but sometimes I don't have time at the moment. I would rather take the time to write a thoughtful note, than to write out something half-hearted because I was rushed. Sometimes, I just want time to digest a message to think of how to properly respond. But if you send me messages right away rushing me, I can only think that you are either desperate or the clingy type (or both). Sorry, I've had my share of clingy men... And incidentally, they always seem to be the most angry when they are rejected. So it's much more effective to wait a day or two before giving a friendly nudge if I haven't responded.
More to come later about why sometimes I stop messaging people.

No comments:

Post a Comment