Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pygmalion's Statue

Everybody knows of the story of Pygmalion, the sculptor who created the perfect statue and fell in love with it.

And I suppose one of my strongest kinks (if not the strongest one) is to be Pygmalion's statue. I suppose I recognize that I'm imperfect. It's even possible that I have such deep-seated insecurities that I believe I am unlovable as I am. (I don't actually feel that way--at least, I don't think I do.) Or at the very least, there is a lot of potential for growth and improvement within me.

I do not have perfect manners (for example, I still eat pasta with a fork and a spoon, while Italians use forks only). I talk obnoxiously loudly. I make jokes in poor taste. I'm not a bad person, or even worse than average, but I want to become better. I want to improve. After all, shouldn't everyone strive to improve?

Yet, it's so difficult to find the single goal to reach for. There are so many opinions pulling at me. Should I be straightforward or tactful? Should I flaunt my skills or pretend to modesty? Should I wear bright colors and walk boldly or sway in subtle shimmering hues? There is no 'perfect,' after all, so how can anyone hope to achieve it?

But though I cannot be everyone's idea of perfect, perhaps I can be one person's idea of perfect. He doesn't need to think of me always as perfect, just believe in my ability to achieve his perfection. In other words, I don't need someone to love me for who I am, but to love me for who I can be.

And I think that's where the kink part comes in. I need someone who wants to make me better, and who believes in my potential. Someone who's not willing to put up with me squandering my future. Someone who's willing to mold me and bring me to life.

In a roleplay scene, the closest to this would probably be objectification. And for a little while, I think there would be security in knowing that someone out there thinks I am beautiful for what I can be made into, even if that's not necessarily the 'me' that everybody meets in daily life.

Also, mind control and hypnosis are part of this kink because they would be molding my mind (which I consider the most important and defining part of me). Humiliation as well, for recognizing my flaws (in an admittedly overblown sort of way) and willing to take me nonetheless.

So you see it's not really about the physical restraint for me (though that can be fun), but rather the mental aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment