Laundry, dishwashing, vacuuming... All that just holds no appeal for me. It's not calming, it's not peaceful, and it's certainly not something soothing. Housework is a huff and puff of busywork I'd much rather leave to someone else.
Seriously, last summer (the first time I truly lived by myself), my dishes got dirty and piled so high in the sink that... well, let's just say it nearly became a health hazard. And you know what I had to do to motivate myself to do it? I'd get myself all worked up with a vibrator, and do the dishes before letting myself finish. That is what it took for me to get the housework done. And no, I still didn't enjoy it (the housework part, that is).
When I'm all growed up and settled down, I will pay to have a professional come clean my home. She will do a better job, enjoy it (hopefully), and I'll be helping society by hiring people.
(Saturday is laundry day for me... and ugh...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment