Friday, September 11, 2009

[Private] Humiliation and Why It Cannot Be 24/7

I think humiliation would be hot, as well as being made to beg. I won't go any more into details on that, since this is--supposedly--an under 18 okay blog, and not an erotica blog.

But I will expound on my psychology behind this.

See, there are social norms. And your network is usually a web, which means that the people you know are likely to know each other as well. So if you do something that's considered "bad" by one of your acquaintances, your other acquaintances would know, too. This has been proven true with kindergarten ("She likes to read, don't play with her.") to high school ("Did you hear? She got drunk and puked all over the place last Saturday.") and follows you into your adult life ("You don't want to date her; she has self-image issues."). And most normal people care about what others think, if nothing else, because you have more opportunities open to you when you have a good reputation.

So there's a lot to be said for maintaining your image so that you can go far in life. There's also the plain fact--at least for submissives--that our natural tendency is to do what pleases others. And there is nothing that displeases people more than jarring them out of their little established worldview. For most people, I am organized, successful, friendly but slighly antisocial. To them, I am also too workaholic to even consider having a life. Or too organized to ever give up control. So, subconsciously at least, I do my best to measure up to their expectations.

So what does all have to do with humiliation? Well, this is what it comes down to: If you're already calling me a 'slut' or a 'whore' or a 'bitch,' then this is how my brain works, "Oh, well, he already thinks the worst of me, so I might as well prove him right and do all those dirty things I wanted to do." See, it's cathartic and freeing.

This is all, of course, provided that you do keep the humiliation private. And that you manage to show me that you still respect me despite that (or inspite of that works, too, I guess). And this is also why I would never be in a relationship that includes 24/7 humiliation. What I need is to know that you understand the worst of me and yet can still like me.

As for the begging... Well, once I feel like I can do whatever I want, I need to feel that I want whatever it is you want me to want. So when I am finally willing to beg for it, and finally get it, I will value it that much more. And therefore enjoy it that much more.

There are power in words.

As for public humiliation... I guess those people just take it to the next level. I personally have a hard time understanding that, because I enjoy the compliments on my intelligence and "feisty" personality as well.

2 comments:

  1. Unf. Do you realize I've been trying to grasp humiliation's appeal for years now? I mean, I find it hot to call a girl names like that, but that's more due to the fact that I feed off of arousal. If I'm doing something that arouses or excites, it makes me happy, and feel like I have power. I couldn't get why someone would find humiliation hot, but was more than willing to exploit it just the same.

    Then you come along and pop, there's an answer. :P

    Also... under 18 friendly? Bah. Where's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding under 18 friendly... your blog has apparently been labeled as "Adultish" by The Powers That Be, as I now have to click a "Yes, I understand!" link on a warning page about the content in here before I enter the blog itself.

    ReplyDelete