Most people wear the wrong size of bra. Or wear the wrong fit. Or wear it in the wrong way. Here are some things that women should know about bras:
The bottom of the bra should be flat, as in the back of the bra should not be riding up. Furthermore, the main support of the bra comes from underneath, not the shoulder straps. Therefore, a good bra would fit well even if you slipped the straps off your shoulders. There should be no gaps between your bra and your breasts (unless you're squeezing your breasts together on purpose), or the bra is too big. However, if the bra is too small (which is often the case), the edge of the cup will cut into your breasts, which is both unpleasant and unsightly. Lastly, no matter how good of a fit you get, you will still need to jiggle your breasts into place everytime you wear a bra.
I wear a D sized bra, but my breasts are probably actually more 'C-sized', because I know how to find the proper bra-size for myself. Of course, I only buy bras from lingerie stores where I can actually get a proper fit. Besides, models have thinner frames, so their breasts are comparatively bigger.
Also, for washing bras... You should fold one cup over the other and tuck the straps into the cups. Then, place the bra inside the bag you use to wash your stockings or a special bra washing container. The point is that the bra should stay folded like that as it goes through a 'cool' wash cycle. Wash and dry your bra as you would wash and dry your stockings.
"Riding back"?
ReplyDeleteEr... "riding up". It's fixed now. :D
ReplyDeleteAw, and see, here I thought I was going to learn something new. :P
ReplyDelete